One of the more unique recipes we have come up with at CannaCook is cannabis infused Bee Pollen. Bee pollen has several health benefits including increased immune support and help with inflammation among several other benefits.
In this recipe we will explore using pure grain alcohol to extract the cannabinoids to infuse the Bee pollen with THC, CBD, and other important cannabinoids.
Save this recipe to your inbox
Decarboxylate your cannabis
As with all edibles, you really don’t want to miss this step. Decarboxylation is a process that activates the compounds in cannabis, and converts THCA (the non-intoxicating form of THC found in the plant) into THC, which produces the intoxicating high or therapeutic properties you’re probably looking for.
All you need to do is grind however much cannabis you’ll be using, and put it on a tray in the oven for about 30-45 minutes at 220-245°F (105-120°C), checking on it often to make sure it doesn’t burn.
Check out our step-by-step directions: How to decarboxylate cannabis
Now let’s get to the recipe
- Grind up your cannabis and add to a mason jar.
- Add ½ cup of pure grain alcohol to mason jar. Let soak for 4-6 hours.
- Strain out cannabis from the PGA with cheesecloth. Throw away soaked cannabis, it is no longer any good.
- Add ½ of bee pollen to a mason jar.
- Pour cannabis infused PGA into mason jar with bee pollen.
- Let soak for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Using a metal strainer, separate alcohol from bee pollen. Used PGA can be reused next time you infuse bee pollen. Store in mason jar.
- Spread out bee pollen over a baking sheet.
- Allow to dry until bee pollen is no longer wet.
- Cap dry and infused bee pollen with vegetable capsules or enjoy however you ingest your bee pollen.
Now enjoy the healthy benefits of not only bee pollen but weed infused bee pollen! Take anywhere from 1 to 4 of these capsules a day to improve overall health. This is a great way of adding a micro-dose to your daily nutritional regimen. You can also easily substitute marijuana flower in this recipe for hemp if you wanted to create a CBD infused bee pollen recipe.
For more cannabis or hemp infused recipes, check out www.CannaCook.com.
Important: Ask a doctor about using bee pollen if you are pregnant or nursing.
Sign up for bi-weekly updates, packed full of cannabis education, recipes, and tips. Your inbox will love it.